Staff Development for Salary Step Advancement
The following is from the Professional Development for Salary Step Advancement Guide:
Staff Development activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Attendance at Conferences
- Attendance at Workshops
- Attendance at Seminars
- Level I Coursework
- Level II Coursework
- Development of Course Outlines
- Evaluation of Educational Materials
- Presentation of a Demonstration Lesson for New Teachers
- Peer Observations for Teachers on Step A
- Peer Observations for Teachers on Step B
- Presentation of a Workshop
- Co-Presentation of a Workshop
For more specific information about salary step requirements, restrictions, and procedures regarding staff development, see pages 25-31 of the Professional Development for Salary Step Advancement Guide.
Individual teachers are ultimately responsible for following the correct procedures to obtain staff development credit.
For questions about salary step advancement, contact Salary Allocations at (213) 241-4952.
Step Advancement Application Deadlines
Step Advancement Inter-Office Letter - Revised 2013